This page has moved to a new address.

Cookie Dough Brownies

The Heart of Life: Cookie Dough Brownies

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Cookie Dough Brownies

2013-07-16 18.48.18-2

This isn’t a stellar picture, but let me assure you:  These are stellar brownies.  Although I’ve made a few tweaks of my own, this recipe is from a lady I used to babysit for.  I don’t know where she got the recipe, but I can assure you that these brownies pre-date Pinterest.  She’s that awesome.

The premise of these brownies are fairly simple.  It’s a brownie topped with egg-less chocolate chip cookie dough.  Think of it as cookie dough frosting. 

Her original brownie layer of the recipe is one of those that calls for melted chocolate chips—I’ve opted for a slightly simpler (but still very delicious) recipe that uses cocoa powder instead.  Alternately, a store-bought brownie mix could also be used, following the box directions.

Brownie Layer (Adapted from How To Cook Like Your Grandmother):

  • 1 1/2 cup sugar
  • 3/4 cup flour
  • 3/4 cup cocoa powder
  • 3 eggs, slightly beaten
  • 3/4 cup butter, melted
  • 1/2 tsp salt (if using unsalted butter)

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.  Mix all the ingredients together with a spoon, being careful not to over-mix.  Pour batter into a greased or parchment-lined 9x13 pan.  It will be thick, so just spread it around (or poke it around if using parchment paper) until it’s evenly distributed.  Bake for 20-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.

(Note:  These brownies on their own are amazing, but should you choose to go a non-cookie dough route, add some chocolate chips.  Refer to the above link for the amount.  The chocolate chips are a bit of an overkill with the cookie dough brownies, so I’ve omitted them here.)

Cookie Dough Layer:

  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 3 Tbsp milk
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1 cup chocolate chips

Cream the butter and sugars.  Beat in the milk and vanilla.  Slowly add flour.  After the flour is incorporated stir in the chocolate chips.  Spoon the cookie dough onto the cooled brownie, then carefully spread the cookie dough evenly over the brownies.  Keep refrigerated.

If you want it to look pretty, drizzle some chocolate sauce or melted chocolate chips over the top.  I haven’t tried it personally, but I’m sure these brownies would be delightful along with some vanilla ice cream.

2 Comments:

At August 19, 2013 at 11:40 AM , Blogger Georgia said...

I think I just gained 10 pounds reading this post and looking at that stellar photo of your brownies. Wow!

 
At August 21, 2013 at 10:00 PM , Blogger Celia Turner said...

These are, indeed, beyond yumminess!!! I'm not sure why I didn't have this recipe - but I'll be sure and copy it down now! (don't want to miss out on any of those calories!) MMMM nummy!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home