This page has moved to a new address.

The Third Trimester Report

The Heart of Life: The Third Trimester Report

Sunday, June 16, 2013

The Third Trimester Report

Ok, here’s the cliché update on how all is going with my pregnancy.

  • As of today I’m 29 weeks, which means I’m nearly 3/4 of the way done.  Time has flown by, especially since preschool got out.  So much to do and so little time…
  • I finally look very obviously pregnant, which is nice.  Then again, just today a lady at church said to me, “I don’t mean to offend you, but are you expecting?”  At this point it’s much more offensive that she thought I might just be fat.  I mean, it really is obvious that I’m pregnant.  It wouldn’t be quite so bad if she hadn’t asked me if I was pregnant last week too.  She subconsciously already knew I’m pregnant (though she’d forgotten) and still thought that I might be just fat.  Oh well, I’m not offended and I know she was just trying to be polite.  I did go home and double-check my arms, face, and neck in the mirror to reaffirm they are still my pre-pregnancy size, more or less.  I also may have asked my husband several times, “Do I look fat?”  Maybe I’m biased, but I don’t think I look fat. 
  • Up until recently I haven’t really had cravings.  Milk and cheese always sounded good in the first trimester and hamburgers always sounded yummy in the second trimester, but they weren’t really something I craved.  But for the past week or so I’ve had a severe hankering for frosting.  Just frosting—no cake or cookie.  And chocolate frosting in particular.  Fortunately I’ve been too lazy to make frosting and too cheap to buy frosting, so I haven’t had much frosting other than what happened to be atop a piece of cake I had yesterday.  I mostly just scroll through Pinterest, lusting after the lovely mounds of butter and sugar perched upon those cupcakes.  I need to stop talking about frosting before I work up the ambition to make some.
  • Maybe it’s the abnormally hot weather, but I feel abnormally hot.  All the time.  It’s a weird kind of hot.  There are times when I recognize that the air around me doesn’t feel obscenely warm, and yet I just want to die because I’m so hot.  Somehow I’m making myself stiflingly hot.  No fair.
  •   On the skin and hair front, things are good.  During the first two trimesters acne was an issue, but my face has finally decided to mellow out and be pretty normal again.  I don’t have any stretch marks yet, which is encouraging.  Oh, and my belly button is so itty bitty now.  I haven’t noticed any difference in my hair yet.  I’ve heard some pregnant ladies lose less hair and some lose more, but things have stayed pretty normal for me.  The only difference I’ve noted is that my hair doesn’t hold a curl quite as well as it used to. 
  • I really haven’t been overly emotional.  I don’t cry more often than normal.  In fact, I might be a little more emotionally guarded than usual.  However, when I do cry I’m sort of inconsolable.  I finally got caught up on Downton Abbey and that sad part about Sybil… I sobbed and sobbed and sobbed.  I even knew it was going to happen.  Pathetic.

2 Comments:

At June 21, 2013 at 9:55 AM , Blogger Georgia said...

I apologize for getting you hooked on Downton Abbey, Lindsey. That whole Sybil thing had to have been a major emotional crash for you. I'm sorry!

All in all, you've had a remarkably wonderful pregnancy. You DO NOT look fat. Not anywhere! You've got the perfect little baby tummy and that's all. Everywhere else you are pre-pregnancy trim and thin. You look GREAT!! Camille has told me numerous times she hopes she carries her babies as beautifully as you do.

 
At June 23, 2013 at 10:36 PM , Blogger Celia Turner said...

I agree with Georgia! There's no fat on you - only the little baby "Ching" belly! :) I wish I could have said the same about my pregnancies! I was, indeed, fat! My doctor even made a little fat joke once - and of course I went home and cried about it!
Also, I remember that certain smells just really made me sick. I couldn't cook a Sunday roast for a long time because the smell was too much for me to take. Now, ironically, I miss the smell of those beef dinners cooking - since I can't smell anymore. I'm going to be the go-to person for changing yucky, stinky, diapers, though. I won't gag at all!
The being "hot" thing is very normal. Even when I was pregnant with Cam in the middle of winter, I was throwing the covers off the bed. Thank goodness for good ole air-conditioning! You'll really appreciate it come August!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home