This page has moved to a new address.

A Life-Changing Discovery

The Heart of Life: A Life-Changing Discovery

Saturday, December 15, 2012

A Life-Changing Discovery

A little while ago I had my first P. F. Chang experience, complete with chicken lettuce wraps.  I thoroughly enjoyed them.  Thus, when I was at the store earlier this week, I bought a head of lettuce, hoping to somehow concoct some sort of loose copycat of the chicken lettuce wraps.

However, when dinner time rolled around the other day, I wasn't in the mood for a big cooking adventure, so I immediately scrapped the idea of doing a copycat.  I was actually in more of a taco mood anyway.  But my tortillas had been hanging out in my fridge for a while, so that didn't sound very appetizing either.

Then it hit me.  Taco lettuce wraps.  So we loaded up lettuce leaves with taco meat and typical taco condiments (minus shredded lettuce, of course) and dug in.  Holy yum.  They're messy to eat, to be sure.  But so delicious.  Tortillas simply cannot compare to the crisp freshness of lettuce leaves.

I might have tacos like this for the rest of my life.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At December 16, 2012 at 10:22 PM , Blogger Georgia said...

What a great idea! I especially love butter crunch and bib lettuce with their smaller, but extra-crunchy leaves.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home